Hello everyone today I am going to teach you how to create coupon code in WordPress eCommerce website using WooCommerce. And how you can offer a discount to your customers and they will be able to these coupons to get a discount on their purchase. So let’s get a start and learn how to create a coupon or promo code for your eCommerce website.
Step 1: Log into WordPress
Log in to your WordPress website backend. And install the WooCommerce Plugin. To install WooCommerce Plugin just click on add new plugin and search for WooCommerce and click on install, active the plugin.
Step 2: Enable coupon feature
Enable the coupon feature. To enable the coupon feature click on WooCommerce and then settings. Now scroll down and enable the use of the coupon features. Then click on save changes. The coupon option will be added to your website.
Step 3: Create the First Coupon
Now click on the add coupon or create your first coupon. Enter the code you want. Or you can generate a coupon code. If you want you can write a short description. Select the type of discount. You will see three types of discounts.
Set percentage discount coupon:
For example, if you set a 20% discount then if someone purchases a product and applies the code, 20% of the amount will be reduced from the total amount of bill. First, let’s see how you can give a percentage discount to your customers:
- To give a discount in percentage select percentage discount.
- Enter the percentage.
- Allow free shipping if you want.
- To set the expiry date, entire the expiration date.
- Now click on publish.
How to set a fixed amount of discount coupon:
For example, if a customer purchases any number of products, only a fixed amount will be reduced from the total bill. Let’s see how to set a fixed amount of discount:
- Go to your coupon page and select a fixed cart discount as the discount type.
- Enter the amount you want to give as a discount.
- If you want you can set the expiry date.
- Now click on publish.
Create a fixed discount coupon on multiple purchases:
A customer purchases multiple products from your eCommerce website and you want to give a discount on each product they purchase. To give a fixed amount as a discount on all the products in the cart.
- Go back to your coupon page.
- Click on the discount type and select a fixed product discount.
- Enter the coupon amount you want to give as a discount.
- Now publish the coupon code.
Congratulations, you learned how to create a coupon or promo code for your eCommerce website.
Step 4: Customize coupon code uses
Now let’s see how you can customize your coupon. First, we are going to see how you can set a minimum cart amount your customers need to have to use your coupon. So to set a minimum cart amount. Let’s go back to your coupon code page and.
- Click usage restriction.
- Set the minimum amount your customer has to purchase on your website to get the discount.
- Click on the update.
Coupon Code for selected products:
Now let’s see if you want to give a discount only on some products. To give discounts to selected products. Again get back to the coupon page. If you want you can create a new coupon code or update your old coupon codes.
- First, click usage restriction.
- Enter the product name and select the product. You can select multiple products.
- Now click on update.
Now the coupon will be applicable for the selected products.
Set the number of times a customer can use your coupon:
If you want your coupon to be used only once by each customer. All you have to do just go back to your coupon page again.
- Click usage limits
- Enter and enter 1, 2, or as you want to set usage limit per user.
- Click on the update.
Now, this coupon can be used only once by each customer. And if the same customer tries to use this coupon for other products then it will show the coupon already applied. This is how you can set a limit to the use of coupons for each customer.
Set number of times coupon can be used:
Let’s see how you can set the number of times a coupon can be used. For example, you want your coupon to be used only for the first 200 orders.
- Again go back to your coupon page and click on usage limits.
- Enter the usage limit per coupon.
- Click save changes or updates.
Set coupon expiry date:
If you want your coupon to be used within a particular date you can do that by adding an expiry date to your coupon. It means after the expiry date your coupon will not be valid.
- Go back to your WordPress coupon code page.
- Click on general
- Set expiry date and save change or update.
Congratulation, you learned how to create a coupon code on your WordPress eCommerce site and how to customize them.
Step 5: Display Coupon To Your Website Visitor
You can display coupon code on the cart page in a pop-up form. To create a popup form we are going to do five steps. And the Convertful Site will help us to display the coupon code on our website.
- 1. Create a free account or you can upgrade your account. To create the account enter your email address, first and last name.
- 2. Add your website. Enter the domain name, select platform as WordPress, and site category.
- Go to plugins and install The Convertful Plugin. It will help you to connect the tool to your website. Click on Connect to The Convertful and approve.
- To Create your form select any design as you like. And click create a popup.
- You will find two pages. Click on the coupon and edit the code.
- Choose display rules when you want to show the coupon code. Enable option you would like.
- Once you have selected when you want to display the form click save changes.
- Finally Activate the form.
How to create WooCommerce coupons countdown?
- To show WooCommerce Coupon countdown log into your Convertful account.
- Click on the create a widget and scroll down.
- You will see the deadline bars. Choose any design as you like.
- Now click on create the floating bar.
- Customize the form as you want. You can change the color and font style also.
- Edit the Coupon.
- Choose when you want to display the form.
- Go to display rules and select your favorite options.
- Finally, click on save changes.
This was about how to create a coupon or promo code and show your coupon code on the WordPress site. Drop your comment and let us know.
Read more: Best Canva Alternatives